We believe everyone should be able to access all our content. We have worked hard to build our websites so that they are accessible and easy to use, by designing them following guidelines laid down by the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI).
Changing the size of the text
This website has been optimised for a screen resolution of 1024 x 768. If you are using a screen with a higher resolution, you can change the text size through most browsers.
Some modern browsers (such as IE7 and Opera) have a separate zoom function, which as well as resizing the text and the page, will adjust the size of the graphics as well.
Other ways to increase usability
We use colours both to help structure and split the page content, and also to make the site look more attractive. However, we recognise that for some users the use of colours and graphics can affect their enjoyment of the site. You can change the colour, background colour or switch off graphics completely by selecting from the options available in your browser.
We have designed all our pages so that they can be read by screen readers.
We will in some places provide links to external websites, where we do so we will open these websites in a new browser window.
We have included the following accessibility features into this site:
- A standard, easy-to-read font has been used throughout.
- Alternative descriptions for images and for links are provided where appropriate.
- Font sizes can be increased to make the site easier to read.
- Strong contrast colour palettes make the site easier for visually impaired users and for those using low-colour display devices.
- The use of Flash or frames has been kept to a minimum, to avoid interference with screen readers.
- It has been tested across most commonly used browsers.
We will continue to take advantage of new developments in browser technology to make sure that our site continues to be accessible as possible. We therefore recommend that you use as up-to-date a browser as you can.
If you have any comments or suggestions as to how we can improve accessibility, please Contact Us.